My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Mission President's Visit (10/2/2011)

hahahahahaha, good ol mother falling asleep, love the snoring part. Really cheered me up a little bit right now so thank you for that



This week was slow/fast. It was the actually work week because the first one is him getting here and getting settled in and what not. but this was the actual first one. So, we put in some work this week, and on friday I planned out where everyone lives so we can be in that area that day and put in more work,   But besides that fact, this was not a bad week. So a week or two ago this lady told us she wanted to learn, so we went back and some other lady let us in so I was not sure if this was the right lady but I did not fight it, then this past wednesday we saw her again and said she was the one that was supposed to learn haha, so we go back to her house, and I met the cooliest lady ever, her name is Malala, which means beloved, she is soo freaking smart, gonna have a kid soon and her friend is dope too, the friend was the one who approached us, but gosh dang, am stoked to go back, when we were leaving the friend named Jasmine asked us if it was alright to bring friends, so I asked how much, and she said a lot haha, so yea, wednesday is going to be a sick day, which is when we go back. gosh dang she is so dopĂȘ!! President came up and is still here this weekend, we had to hardcore clean the house but we are moving houses as well now, the contract runs out in 4 days haha, we found some sick house, one has the best view in mahajanga, even if we do not get that house Ill get back and take pictures, it is the highest house you can live in right now :) some places here are soo nice, they are about 500 a month as well if I remember right, but shoot, they are so good stuff. Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting right? so I wrote mine down to make sure I had it all solid in my head and in malagasy, by the way which is getting pretty good, After awhile you do not have to translate and you just say the stuff, it is pretty nice, but I was headed up and sat next to a little girl, I told her I was s kind of scared cause there was a good amount of people and she said ask for strength and did the finger to your head chest and shoulders, the cross, made me laugh :) I offically hit my 6 month mark on mission on Thursday. 4 month mark in country.woowee, 6 months..... president came and taught with us, we would translate for him and he would usually speak in french, but he came to teach a family that is way sick but never come to church cause they are so diligent with their church, which is no worries you know, ability to choose, but president came with us and we tore it up, they came to church haha :), once we met up with president we saw a car catch fire and for like 5 minutes was throwing dirt on it and everyone was just watching then all the sudden we had like 20 people trying to put it out, it was cool haha, everyone was so amazed at first then boom, my white shirt got a little dirty then =/ but that is why we got washers haha, oh shoot, this tripped me out, we were watching a primary training video which was translated into malagasy, but set in africa so they sang in english but I did not know that, I was listening to them sing and I could not pick out the words, it was not malagasy but english and i did not realize they were singing english til it was over, tripped me out bad. All I got :)
 Enjoy your week please.
 love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, what a great email! So fun to hear all of his adventures!

    ReplyDelete