My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Dylan's Email Letter (5/3/2011)

We texted a bit before I received his email.

Dylan: Goodness gracious mother!! I’m reading your letter right now! You doing good? Was about to reply to this big ol’ letter


Mom: you don’t have to now, especially if you leave stuff out cause you are so pressed for time you can just send a letter.

Dylan: haha no, it is alright, I’m not pressed for time

Mom: Should I just let you respond to my email. Cause I love those emails and letters of course. The days I don’t expect any letters and let Richard get the mail is the day your letters come. I now have total control of the mailbox key. So I get to get the mail and he has to ask for the key. Bwahhhahahahah

Dylan: hahahahah oh goodness, never thought I’d see the day come ;), nah, I’m a fast typer, you know that. Tell me stuff you haven’t told me yet!

Mom: I tell you everything in my epistle letters. That’s why I repeat myself. The other stuff would make you homesick that is why they tell us not to tell you. I know you are an extremely fast typer. But what about reader……. Oooooo awwwww….

DYLAN: haha reading faster.

Mom: Sis XXXX said you showed XXXX how to get extra computer time on the computers. Did you figure that out or did someone else? You know that’s not really fair to the other thousands of missionaries there.

Dylan: Well they do it so every missionary can get a chance. And we are in a building where there are no missionaries, and in the field there is no time limit. But I won’t justify. Let me reply to your letter and I’m signing off.

MOM: Don’t sign off on my account. ……I am being selfish…..or unless it is your trick to get more time. You know I would really love to hear some stories/experiences you are having. People love the alarm clock story. Are you getting g lots of mail form other people?

DYLAN: hahahaha thought, you would like to hear,so I had to get more time to reply to your email and not be rushed, I’m writing a lot so be patient, I would love to tell more stories but it is mostly the same thing every day.

START OF DYLAN’S EMAIL:

Okay, finished printing it and here we go. I've been good, mahafinatra (ma-ha-fen-ah-cha), or wonderful. Oh my goodness, make sure you send a picture of that if it is bad!! Pyper is getting jacked up lately!! I didn't recieve the called2serve thing, never seen one of those....so, don't think so. I get mail through the myldsmail mail so it is sweet!! goodness gracious, bet taytum wasn't too happy about scout, doesn't sound pleasant, when do you go to the doctors? The bookstore, it is like a miniminiminimini walmart, has something in every catagory. has the song books for each language and stuff, it is way cool. I haven't seen garments there, but I do know the place to do it, it is right by the haircut place (which I'm getting one today). You can get shampoo, and a bunch of stuff from the bookstore. Every week you get 6$ on your blue card to buy whatever but it stacks up and I'm letting mine stack up and buying things before I leave!! Like journals and such. Nah, he sleeps in a different building. I'll make sure I draw you a map of stuff, don't worry :P I'll carry around my map I got from the mtc for when I get home or I'll jsut send it to you. I know right!! One month tomorrw, and saturday will be around our hump day so it will be way sweet!! It gets pretty boring here, but I've been learning languages all around, I know how to say hi, how are you and say I'm good in, Mongolian, Fijian, Malay, Indonesian, Malagasy, Spanish, French, Czech (don't remember that one though), Tongan, Samoan, it is way cool :P remembering things is coming a lot quicker to me, the language is helping out!! haha nah, no weightlifting, It is boring to lift, much more fun to be more active and play basketball!! we are in a room with 4 beds but there are just two of us. alarm clock is working, :)  MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME PICTURES OF DAYNAS PROM DRESS!!!! also bishops address as well please. Teaching is alright, I'm not the best but getting better. haha videos games are something of the past, except when I get home :P I'm just gona want to sleep for awhile and be good. Temples are good as well, it is a nice break from the MTC, especially PDAY  :P  Elder XXXXX is in my district, but don't let him know who you are if you write him. I've been writing all the boys, don't worry mother :P Everyone that has written me I've written back, plus extra. yea, I heard about osama, maybe he just didnt get a chance to hear about the gospel :) But he will in the tranomaizina, spirit prison. Dark house is what they call it in Malagasy, the flag is hanging up in my room :) Love you mother. I'll write you stories in my letter. See you later!! I might jump on later and see whats up for the addresses I asked for!! Tia anao aho!

No comments:

Post a Comment