My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

E-Mail from Dylan (5/17/2011)

D: I’m on the computer! Are you?


Mom: Yup!

D: Nice! Doing laundry right now! How you been?

Mom: I have been good! Minus last night –but good.

D: Minus last night eh? And by the way, spiritual sister  Nice letter.

D: Pretty good myself- minus last Friday-but good

D: Did you ever check out madagascarfoundation.org? It is my teachers website.

Mom: Ya I checked it out. I want to say I have seen it before in all my Madagascar research. It was cute. Pretty simple website but it was good. I like the people on the website.

D: I wrote you a letter! Should get it today or tomorrow! But I’m going to sign off the computer till later! Probably a good 30-1 hour, unless we go to the temple first!! We will see!! Tia anao aho!

Mom: Oooohhhh….I can’t wait! Love to get letters from you…I sent you one too….you can’t miss it. I mailed it on Monday. Should be there Wednesday. It has your memory stick in it.

Mom: Ya…bad times or just rough day on Friday? Wanna Share?

D: haha not exactly, it wasn't me going through bad times, it was Elder XXXX, which is who you wrote, which I wrote in my journal and give you mad props :P, I have been writing in my journal, so when I see you in two years, you will know bad things, deal? :D

Mom: Fine..so long as I didn’t cause the bad day. That would be terrible..but I’d wanna know so I don’t do it again. There are lots of moms that write kids that don’t get many letters, but its hard trying to stay anonymous. So….was it my fault…yes or no.

D: haha oh no, it is rosy peachy most of the time, a lil' boring cause it is repetition, but the mission starts in the field. :P has chase got his papers back yet? I sent a big letter like I said, asking for some stuff if that is alright, I need the international call cards soon! I want to call you and dad and peeps :D I sent a good 5 pages of the little paper!! You will see when you get it!!

Moms: Are there more bad times there than what us at home know about. We all think it is rosy and peachy there….people just being in the zone. I take it that is not true than. Ya, I guess in two years it will be good to see what happens on the “inside”

I am getting excited to talk to you in three week!!!



Mom: Glad to hear it is rosy…most of the time. I haven’t heard if they have come. If he is going to do what his SP said, it will be only family and then he will tell the world. They should come sometime this weekend…if it all went according to plan.

Mom: Ya what up with that…small paper….I saw Lilly and taytum’s letter.

D:I kind of like it, makes me feel like I write a lot more than what I do :), and I had a lot to say!! She was excited? ;D

Mom: Have you heard anything about leaving? Are you going on Monday or on wed? I can’t wait to talk to you.

D: It is on a Monday, and nah, we don't find out like till the week before we leave I believe, I'll save some time all day Tuesday and tell you that day if we get it.

Mom: Are you getting excited to leave?

D: haha more than you know mother. Haven't been there yet and planning on coming back every summer with my old teacher :) I'll explain those details when I get home, in 2 years :)

Mom: That’s funny to year…in 2 years…don’t rush it…  on your blog I have days you’ve been out instead of days till you come home. I so want you to enjoy it! It is going to fly by sooooo fast. It will make you cry that you have to come home.

D: Nah, cause I'll be going back there :)

MOM: Hope you get a good job to be able to afford it.  that’s one expensive airplane ride…

D: Don't worry, I got a plan :)

That is the thing!! You get sponsors to go :D!

Mom: Always to optimist…finally something from me…

D: I'm gona find a website when I get there to put all my pictures up on and I'll send you the link instead of having to send the cards home! Much easier, at least that is what I heard so we will see :)

D: I'll mail my glasses home today if I get the chance!! Good to hear about Lilly and taytum, was happy to write them!! :D Also good to hear about xxxxx:P I haven't got my hep shot yet, they call us up when they are ready. And money wise, I'll probably just withdraw some from the bank and convert it :) SO SOSOSOSOSOSOS STOKED to go there!! and yea, p-days we eat at the temple, the food there is much much better.

MOM: Ya I love the food in the temple…it is yummy….well just make sure you don’t leave the country without it… make sure you keep enough money in the bank for your flight in case your luggage weight goes over…

D: Yea, we can weigh it before so I'm making sure I won't be overweight, but I'll be prepared :P

Mom: Did you get your snack package?

D: I haven't got any packages yet, except Knudsen sent me some!! Some bomb cinnamon rolls!! yea yea.

Mom: I sent you a dear elder candy package on Friday…you didn’t get it?

D: oh nono, I did I did!! Sorry, the days blend together, your memory lasts about 3 days :)

D: 5 minutes!!

Mom: Well I look forward to your letter. I hope you have a great week!! Glad you got the package.. Hope someone exciting comes to devotional tonight!!!



Love you very much

Girls were very excited to get your letter.



There are some drawings coming in the mail…



Love you…..mom

No comments:

Post a Comment