My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Letter from Dylan (5/4/2011)

Ry Mamako

I did get the brownies and they were delicious. Misaotra Betsaka(thank you a lot) [miss-oh-cha beh-ts-ka]. We got to listen to a man from the second quorum of the seventy. it was a way  milay(cool) [me-lie] talk!(just learned that word today)

Now, I got my haircut, I look even better than before. Yes, it is possible! haha I only kid.I do have a songbook in Malagasy. There is alot I need at the bookstore. I am just waiting to buy stuff. no particular reson! I think as rooms become available, I hang some pictures up. Some in my book :)  Sure, just send pictures of Dayna in her dress. I just want to see her! Don't matter who she is with! There is a scale in the gym and I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 139! Ridiculous! good thing I'll be losing it all in Mada! That is way awesome what Richard is doing. Give him mad props! you too but chastise with love. You know I love you! You usually get the flight plans a week before you leave or something. I'll let you know! Vonona? Teny gasy lesona! Voonoona (ready), malagasy leson.) Malagasy does not have certain words so they combine certain words. The one I learned today was lalandava. Dava=lava which means long.  So lalan means path. So lalandava is long path or continually!
Avy amin  Elder Shaw

95% of malalgasy verbs begin with mi or ma. To make any verb into a nown, you get tid of the m and make it an f and add ra on it. example mahita=to see. Fahitana- vision! Exceptions of course.  In Malagasy these letters make these sounds a=ah, o=oo, i = ee, y=ee

No comments:

Post a Comment