My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

3 new baptisms (9/25/2011)

So, stories, I made sure I did not forget my planner so I could write a good amount today :) To start it off, had 3 new baps this past saturday, the water felt sooo freaking good that day, goodness, like 4 and just felt awesome!! We also had transfers this week, I got a new elder and his name is clark, he is pretty freaking legit, pretty laid back guy and prochnow got a new elder as well and his name is lunt!


lunt is from duncan AZ! But clark is mine and he is dope, we got big plans and I think we are going to enjoy the next month or two together, plus our house is sick! So yea :) haha before I forget, we have tennis balls in the house and prochnow was trying to get me, and you have to remmeber how hot it is here, and he threw it and got one of the best funs and straight busted it hahahaha, that was such a funny day, Also, when I was with reynolds, we went to petite plage, one of the best beaches to go to on the island, besides grand privoiore, which we are going to both of those probably today :DD, petite plage is a lot of people and the other beach is opposite, hardly any people but gorgeous, we also revamped the house because prochnow and I became the bosses ha, deba is malagasy for boss by the way :), we put all the beds in one room and all the study stuff in one room, cleaned the house which took us two houses to clean two rooms!!

freaking crazy!! we cleaned it the night Reynolds and oyoukou were leaving, so we decided to pull another all nighter, so from 3 to 5 we cleaned the house and they left then they others got there at 8 :) it was a pretty big party night, so with Reynodls leaving bought a good amount of things, went to BOLO!! a straight italian runned food place in madagascar, oh my goodness, the spagetti reminds me of dads ol spagetti, woowee, I was in heaven!! Also, nex tweek we are getting shark, all I have left to eat here is sea turtle, seagall, bat and yea, I might get the seagall this week hopefully!! we saw it at a resturant kind of thing, also on a side note, president is coming up again on saturday through monday! hahaha, guess also what I ate, freaking liver, probably one of the better foods I have eaten here too, woowee was it good, the vazaha(white non mada) guy made it :))) he is such a good cook I love it! Also, a fomba or like a custom I guess you would call it is when it is someones birthday you throw flour on them, cause then it turns them white :) lol just kidding!! but that is really what you do, and Reynolds and I got to do it to one of our favorite members, it was so awesome :) saw my first lightning storm from far off and goodness gracious, I am excited, that sucker was huge, and one things that happens here is there is no sound from the lightning, it does not make sense scientifically but it is freaking cool haha! so sort of longer story for you!! so, when clark came here I gave him the keys, he went to go play basketball with lunt while prochnow and I went and bought things, that night we went to the board, a big place to eat, and got a taxi home and we get home and go to bed, wake up and I ask clark if he has the keys and he could not find them!! so we freaked for awhile and said whatever, went out to work, came home and waited for the other two because we could not get in, then I realized I dead bolted it so noone could get in lol, so I had to jump on the balcony and break a door, no good but it had to be done!! then later that night we go to that restuarnt place and a guy walks up to us and in broken english says you left your keys at the basketball place!! and he had ALL the important keys, so yea we hurry and get over there and we do not see him so we go ask some people playing cards where he lives and one guy starts being really persistant and asking us all these question and after abuot 10 minutes clark is getting pissed haha, I tell him lets go ask somebody else and right then he yells at us and says he has the keys, it was awesome :) also!! I decided what I am doing with my uku!! I am going to bring it around with me, then get a rosewood at home!! hopefully it works out :) if I remember right that be it!! hope you enjoyed!! lots of jumping around!! Ive been dreaming in malagasy so yea..brain is starting to get mixed up, sorry, love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment