My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

NGA (goodness gracious) 9-18-2011

Goodness gracious. I did enjoy this email very much! By the way, I love how you were thinking about Shirley :)) lol that part made me laugh too much :) (surely)




My week has been interesting for sure. We had a missionary leave this week, that was pretty weird cause he is the group ahead of me and he had to go back to america to get surgery, and I realized I am 2 weeks from 6 months!! almost a fourth!! gosh dang haha, I forgot my planner today so I can not remembner what I was going to write....BUT! Ill wing it :) This week I learned a little bit of french haha, been studying it here and there because a lot of malagasies speak french, that is like there dream stuff, if you are good at there you get a lot of good jobs and what not so yea!! figured why not, I speak malagasy all day and can learn french while I am here as well. But going back, I learned this phrase, J ai rougeurs sur mes.... the guy I said it to, he is fluent in french and still learning english, from congo, so funny, he freaked out once he understood what I said he said oooooo crap!! You are screwed in broken engish haha that night was awesome, aiyah!! I remember one!! This week we were working with a member and at night we thought we would get shiskabobs with him for helping us, then there is this ALWAYS drunk guy, he came up and starting dancing and slowly sitting next to us, but the owners did not like that, and started just beating the crap out of him, but he is always happy and he thought it was the funniest thing. Then the next day we were walking around our area and a bunch of kids saw us and started to run away, but one in particular, looked back to see if we were running and smacked right into a car lol, straight out of a movie, then jumped on a concrete thing and slipped, he was so sketched out by us lol so funny though, he was like 4 :) we had a time this week too, Elder Prochnow and I, we had a bunch of member presents and made everyone share their testimonies and some of them had CRAZY stories, and the investigator Zara, starting crying, she is WAY cool though! I figured out how to say goodness gracious this week too, it is Nga!! you raise your voice and the ending and that is goodness gracious lol That is pretty much all I got!!
 Love you guys :)
Peace, stay good
 Aza Maditra ianareo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment