My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Food, Glorius Food (9/5/2011)

A'ight g!! here we go again!! I have been trying to write a lot lately so yea... It is most likely going to be a lot haha :) haha first off, when we were teaching a time, we got about half way through and I heard off in the distance can you feel the love tonight, and since we are in Muslim central it sounded like it was coming off one of those and tripped me out bad haha, but i laughed so it was all good, I also met a lady named Olga, totally fit her name too, hairy legs but most malagasys do not shave their legs, broad shoulders, deeper voice, just straight and perfect description!!! but she was not half bad though!!


I did teach the guys in my house about the hand sanitzer stuff lol that was interesting, it is when you put a bunch of hand sanitzer on your hand and lite it on fire and it just chills there, freaked me out cause I have not done it in so long but they loved it! There is this one place called DAllas, it is the best rice and loak (the stuff you put on the rice, I do not know what it is in english) place EVER!! I get this stuff called coco shrimp and oh my goodness gracious each bite is apart of heaven!! hopefully we are going there tonight :D by the way, you know how in third world countries you always hear about cock fights, and goodness gracious they are interesting, it is so simple but they just happen everywhere and I am going to try and get a picture soon! they are really quite interesting! On saturday I did baptize a kid in the ocean!! it was legit, he just glowed haha, but we had a time before that and we were waiting for somebody and I decided to sit down without looking and sat in poop, that was just a great start to my day haha, but it was legit, then he was late for church and my comp was really freaking out!! but Elder Prochnow and I just did our thing :) Reynolds and I did get an idea as well, after every example our scripture in our teaching we are going to try and switch off, so that is definitely going to be difficult at first but should be way cool!! OH! along with Dallas, there is also called this beans called tsaramaso, supposedly in the states it is called butterbeans, THEY ARE SO FREAKING GOOD!! but not better than the coco shrimp!! I should be getting some tsaramaso (which litterly means good eyes) on wednesday when I do splits and go with the other missionary! :) Still talking about food, in malagasy brownies are called cockaroach bread, or mofo kadradraka, so people really think we get bugs and crush them up and that is where the color comes from! we were telling our favorite family that and saying it is soooo good!! and they were freaking out lol, but we are going to make it soon and Ill tell you how they react :) We gave 3 solid baps out this past week too! so we have 1 this weekend and 3 next week! got to love it!! putting in work!! some people are way cool too!! we would have 5 but a freaking husband is being a butthead! Oh my bad, on saturday, we were walking around and it was pretty dark, I look at the ground, thought it was good, jumped and just a big ol puddle, just lovely haha. OH SHOOT!!

last monday, I was in score, it is the same as shopright, like a mini walmart, and I see some white people and it is kind of weird all the time now, but one of them comes up to and me and says hey whats up, and all I could say whoa brother, you speak english!! he had a crazy story, he was born into madagascar, went to kenya when he was 15 to study, then seattle then back on a baptist mission, really cool guy, but a lil weird. I believe that is it cause that is all I wrote on my planner so yea OH SHOOT!! I did a hug from ma girlfriend this week, she is about4 and her name is sabrina haha, she is the coolest lil girl, she told Elder Prochnow to shutup during church. Amin manaraka

:)



So! You could add totsie rolls, the red green and orange one ONLY!!

blue and white be nasty!! and the chocolate ones :))) fruit slices!!

smarites and skittles :) do not forget licorice too!! and some paydays if possible, which by the way, payday means gay in french if I remember right haha, if you can send an upload thing, a 3 point 0 thing that would be cool!! umm...oh freak!! if you can fit it put in vanilla frosting!! yea the rings are alright, can you put on the blog or if anyone asks to send a package, either say wrap that sucker up TIGHT!! or put it in a brown paper and write the address on the paper!

one of the two! I believe that is it! By the way, I realized the family picture you sent me, Ill always remember richard just looking mad haha, I might need a new one soon :P



No comments:

Post a Comment