My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

My new mom (7/18/2011)

MOM: Glad you are staying safe. Why would you go beat up somebody in a foreign country(THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO LAST WEEKS CONVERSATION)?So Elder Fryer is with you and Smith? Glad you like your building. Glad you are keeping it clean.

DYLAN: they almost whacked us with a beer bottle mom lol, but it was all good, my new comp is Elder Sell from Highland Utah!! He is pretty cool, he puts in work so it will be a nice change.

MOM: So how many people emailed you this week? Did your dad email you this week? It is amazing how many people who go to Mada are from Utah!

DYLAN: I always email dad! and you!! some family!! haha no I have no idea how many are from utah lol, but I certainly meet a lot, there is a big black dude from england!!

MOM: Hey there ma boy! So how was day 102? So lots of questions for You.

DYLAN: haha day 102 is sick!! broke triple digits baby!! I haven’t moved areas, I actually have been getting more comfy in the area and all the roads are starting to connect in my head so I’ve been exploring a lot more lately, and with Elder Sell we are actually studying the language and stuff!! It has been sick!! and no cold nose, except Im still sick from last week, so bleh!! it is not that cold, but during the night times I do put on a sweater jacket thing right when we get out of times!! cause it is getting pretty windy, but it is nice!! we have super warm blankets so I throw on a fan and am warm throughout the night!! umm, the Ukulele guy was supposed to be done on monday last week if I remember right, but then moved it to thursday so I said fine, and Im going back today, so it better be done or might just say whatever!! but I doubt Ill say anything, whatever lol, too good for me!! I think I got that letter from you, I think it only took 2 weeks but Im not sure, the one with all the lovely different writing styles in it lol? that one? yea, I got that one!! hey, if you send a package, add hot tamales and MMs please!! especially MMs!! craving chocolate lol, it is terrible!! but we make cookies a lot, and stuff like that!! brownies, malagasy brownies lol, in a stove!! hopefully I’ll put those pictures up soon! hopefully!! I got a usb chord from smith but it only reads not high definition stuff!! if you can send a 8 gig usb too!! Im gona buy a 2 gig today!! because it uploads a lot faster from a USB!! holy cow, just read the rest of the email and goodness gracious!! all that stuff is INSANE!! k, Im going to try and upload a video lol, I think the url is
www.photobucket.com/thundertoes18 MAYBE that is it!! gona read some emails and reply again!!

MOM:I love how you are using a fan and it is freezing there.  Are you in the same apartment or did you move?

DYLAN: still chilling in the apartment Im in now!! umm..I forgot to send you the week, here it is!!

haha its all good!! just another day, cleaned the house spotless today, my man fryer lives with me now, he is sick, we kind of have the same ideas so we get along pretty well, I got a new comp, his name is sell, he works hard let me tell ya, we got big plans for our area!!  there is like 109 people that went to church and 300 of them are less active so figured Id get to work lol, so that has been alright!! I had a mini missionary, which is like when I don’t have a comp, because he is on his way kind of deal, I get a kid from the ward and he goes around with me, it was SICK!! learned a good deal of malagasy, I got big plans for the future for sure though, been working hard still, becoming fluent in tentana, which is sign language for malagasy, so that is cool, only a few missionarys know it so I can chat with them lol, not much stories this week, BUT I noticed it the other day, after awhile of knowing the language you just know the words so Ive been speaking a lot more lately and it has been coming easier, which is way sick!! love you guys!!

MOM: Who are the two older men in your pictures?

DYLAN: That is Rasolo lol, he is a malagasy, the old man is a counseler!!

Cya next week mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment