My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Typical Email btwix mom and son (7/11/2011)

DYLAN: Hey.

MOM: Hey.

DYLAN: wassup?

MOM: Just being bored listening to dayna, lilly, Kenneth and Richard going at it. Again. Never any peace here at least when they all get together. Camryon is mad he can't go to allisons house with Kenneth, so he took off  to the school.  How are you doing?

DYLAN:haha something I kind of miss! :P dayna and richard yelling at each other and just keep going haha, jamming out to music with Kenneth and possibly camryon, then just leaving, good stuff :) or talking to you while they yell lol, Im good, sick in the nose, but thats aight, been taking medicine and yea, Got some stories coming your way, some unpleasant, but some good of course :P

MOM:There is always good with the bad. So long as it's not about you getting sent home I am good with it. In fact I was just talking with Kenneth about that and how I want to hear the good and bad stories. That is what makes life interesting. We were talking to Kenneth about turning in his papers.  Said you guys have been talking about that. I told him he needs to stop jerking around and go meet with the bishop. He is just wasting time. Especially if he wants to leave a.s.a.p. Which, speaking of Andrew O'Hara just submitted his mission papers. Can't tell what his emotions are, since he never talks. I have an interesting tidbit. You might not find it interesting but I thought it was funny. Kind of one of those things you have to hear in person. So here goes. So I saw that XXXXX went to the midnight showing of T-3 with your favorite Lady friend. So I was thinking to myself, man how did he get a date with her. Her dad must be out of  town.  Anyways week passed then XXX and I were talking about it.  Don't know why. But XXXX said she heard XXX say "Man, Dylan gets home a whole year before me. That sucks." I thought that was kind of funny.  Anyways. Thought it was a funny tidbit.
Do you need us to send you a cable cord to get those pictures up?  Have you met Elder El-Bakri yet?

DYLAN:oh frick! haha yea, that lady friend has caused my a lot of trouble here, no doubt. but whatever, yea, kenneth and I have been talking!!  Tell him to reply to me!! :D Yea, elder el bakri is in my zone and he is training Elder Maua i, so I see him a good amount!

MOM:So tell me. Who are the missionaries that you have meet. Us moms are so curious to see if our boys have met each other.

DYLAN:haha no, it is the opposite, havent talked to her, and with certain things going on in the mission, makes me think about her, and all the things that happened, everything I realized a few days ago and it is
whatever, and Ive met everybody in Tana (another city in Mada) lol, when we went to ampifi(cool tourist place),  it was a Tana thing and all the people there went to ampifi!! And Elder El-Bakri is way cool, way chill and funny yea, why do you ask?

MOM:I ask about Elder El-bakri, cause I am friends with his mom on Facebook.
DYLAN: ah gotcha!! yea!! Ive seen him a lot everynow and then!! he islegit! I wrote you a super long email!!


No comments:

Post a Comment