My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

WAY good day (7/11/2011)

So, first of, I wanted to share a story about something I Forgot awhile back!! It was one night, we were walking home, and had a WAY good day, just super happy, and said to each other, what if we saw someone get mugged to top the night off!! and that never never happens in Mada!! cause if you steal something, you can get straight killed, so yea!! We turn around and there were no cars on the road, was kind of late, and turned around and see a lil guy getting roughed up by two bigger guys under a super bright light, so we are like that is kind of weird and thought maybe he got mugged, and kept walking, he ran up to us, with SUPER good french, which is a rare thing, and said he got mugged lol, so we are like what the frick, and said lets go beat them up right now!! and he is like nono, we cant and we said yes we definitely can lol, but he said no, he still had his phone and his wallet, weird again, smith said we will walk him home and we said okay, started to walk, and by the way this is right by our house and we both said oh shoot, this definitely doesnt feel right, so we like, we have to go, sorry, and he said no problem, and when he walked away he called somebody, so we thought we were gona get jumped but fryer and smith, fryer can wreck people, were coming up behind us which we didnt know but would have been perfect if they came!

But oh well, next story, this way my last week with smith, depending on who my next companion is, I might get a malagasy mini for the next two days, which will be way interesting, cause I cant really speak, so we will see what happens, we made pancakes and eggs twice, freaking delicious no doubt, tomorrow morning might make cinnamon rolls, way delicious too!!


our house is the best house in the mission, no doubt!! I cleaned the kitchen way good yesterday too, made a bunch of coolaid and stuff, cleaned the oven cause smith was sick yesterday after church, so yea!!

got bored lol, fryer and I started to work out again, and hot dang, started to look better, smith is giving me some protein, so my mornings usually consist of, studying language, scriptures for the days, then working out, shower and getting out of there, usually!!

oh!! terrible story right here, but we justified it, We got invited to a soiree, which is kind of like a dinner appointment but a lil different, this one was way whack!! We have fun, play with the kids and what not, not really a rich family, but all good, then they are bringing food in, smith and I get this WAY nice bread, way good, hot milk, and just us get it, and Im like what the frick, one of the lil girls started crying so we cant say no, but, we were like , manasa, which means your invited to eat, to the kids, and the grandparents said no, so we said no back and said it again, so they said we are making rice for them, so we said oh well, finished and thye still hadnt made food, so I told smith we have to do something for them, I had 5000 ariary in my pocket and said lets do it, which would kind of be a lot to them, i gave it to him during prayer, but the girl had her eyes open lol, so we hid it in ther couch and hopefully they found it, we had to do it, spirit whispered to us :) and well, the nasty part, I got constipated right? had to get it fixed, hadnt pooped for a week, so turned on some music, stuck a bullet up my butt, got about a whole pinky in, was not pleasant at all!! those about the stories of the week I think!! OH!! so fryer and I were on splits, and we chose just a random rode to see what was in there, and mind you, we cant speak malagasy the best yet, or understand, and I saw an investigator who was WAY legit but kept not showing up, so I got to schedule a time with her again :) Tell everyone I said hi!! hope you enjoy it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment