My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

First Cameleon Sighting (8/21/2011)

Aight, so stories!! I made sure I wrote them all or most of them yesterday so I could write more today haha :P so, this is what has been going down this week, first of all, on monday, that was straight up sick, we went to the biggest baobob in mahajanga, it is the split in the road and right behind it is the ocean, it was gorgeous, then about 5 miunutes off the coast is a island called kasepy I think, we are going there soon too, probably a few weeks from today, we will see, then tuesday and the days after, we have been throwing down spitirual bombs on people, me and my comp are getting along really well and teaching super good, just tonga dia!! it is cool, we have about 10 soft bap dates, which means they have accepted the baptism but dont have an offical date yet, and 6 official bap dates, so it is sickkk!!! we pretty much destroyed this week on missionary work!! then while Ive been hole with the comps, there are 4 of us but only really 3 of us hang out cause the 4th one doesnt really speak english and we are not on good terms at the moment but that will be for another time, but he does not like us either so yea, BUT I told my buddy procknow, not my comp that I could rock him in checkers so he said how and I grabbed some chalk and since we have cement floors I drew a checker board and at first we were using seashells and pieces of paper, but we have upgraded to bottle caps and seashells lol, we are starting to collect bottle caps and stuff to play chess lol you will see the pictures soon hopefully, but my pictures are not uploading so maybe it wont happen, I do not know yet!! Im trying though!! so yea, lots of checkers and Tic tac toe this week, then a few investigator stories, we were walking down a street and a lady was trying to catch up to us and she did and started to try and speak english with us, and said she has been searching for us lol, so we said okay, got her number and went to her house this week, and she is like calling all her friends in, and telling us there are more coming so we are like freak, this lady is awesome, and we have about 10 people in there and she wants us to teach them english, we are said dang it, that sucks lol, but we only taught the gospel and they were shocked, got a few people out of it and we still teach her so it is cool, THEN there is another girl, (woman, I swear :)) she is a sister of a guy who has a bap date coming up soonn, and (by the way, first bap will be in the ocean, whats up :D) SO, sister, and we ask her if she knows this book is true and she says yes, so we are like cool, will you be baptized, and she says no lol, we are like what?? she says this big ol thing about how she knows the church is true and all this stuff, but says she has already been baptized haha, so reynolds got a lil upset and talked for about thirty more mins trying to get her conviced tsy misy fahefana, but yea, we also started a referral game with the ward, and that is making our job go way crazy cause the members are helping like crazy haha, then on saturday we did this service project for the ward and GUESS WHAT I FOUND!! This freaking HUGE camelon, it was sooo cool haha, watching it change colors but I was a lil girl and scared of it cause they were all freaked and were like it BITES HARD, so im sketched haha, but I held it and it was cool, but I made a member WAY mad at me lol, I told her to go away cause she was realy scared of it no idea why, and she walked around the corner and with me no intention of scaring her, I started walkikng that way and she comes back and straight flips out lol, she is trying to run and starts tripping but I apologized and we are good now :) if I remember any more stories Ill hook you up!! but that is most it!! hope you enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment