My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Transfers (8/14/2011)

haha everything is moving along now!! I got moved but it is a secret to where :) it is really really hot here, and humid, and I guess Ill tell you!! I got moved to mahajanga!! such a gorgeous place!! really stinking hot though, goodnessg racious, already back to school, that is crazy!! 4 months went by quick haha, almost 5 now!! getting a day closer each day :) well, this week has been interesting!! football was awesome!! then we got transfer news that night!! it was the biggest transfer in the mission ever!! it was sweet!! I got sent to mahajanga and it was a lovely 14 hour bus ride, left at 5 ish and got here around 5 ish again, it was wonderful haha, took some pills and passed out fast after the first 3 hours!! you drive through a rain forest but since it was dark you couldn't see anything anyways!! I got here and the house is pretty freaking ghetto, no light in the bathroom so we take showers by the moonlight, rats all over, so pretty ghetto but our room is huge so it is nice :) going to buy a sweet hammock for like 13 dollars and set it up in the room somehow Im hoping!! that is my plan at least!! then we started to walk around and I found out how humid really goes and it sucks lol, Im sweating bullets all the time, especially when we get home out of the sun!! fans running 24 7 :) but just sleep with a lil sheet on me!! it is legit, but this place is the best doub the heat and what not :D then when I get here we had a soiree or a dinner appointment and we played uno and ate a cow foot, that was interesting, I didnt ask what it was til after I ate it haha, I was kind of scared, nice and chewy but it really was not that bad! so did that, umm.. we were walking back from church yesterday and some drunk guy came and tried to give me a nice big ol kiss, then we have a vazaha family in our ward, the kid looks straight out of cali, the dad is french and the mom malagasy, it is way cool! then last night too, we were teaching a time, and I could hear the ocean off in the distance we were sooo close, it is SO awesome!! cause there only used to be 2 missionaries up here, and they had the whole city, then me and prochnow came" up here and the split the city right in half, my comp and I have the beach and they have the city mostly, so it is cool!! today we are going to play beach volleyball so looking forward to that haha, this place is soo cool, hopefully I can get more pictures up next time, cause the internet is not too fast here so yea!! tried to get some pictures of the actually place, only got pictures of the house and the trip and right before I left anjanahary!! so yea!! love you guys!! thanks for sharing the stories wit me and yea!! hopefully everything is going good still :) see you next week!! sorry didnt get too much pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment