My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Got caught (8/28/2011)

By the way, Ive been trying to write a lot more so yea, so if it is alot :) Aight Gs, it be Elder Shaw again!! Writing my weekly email, saying whats up :) Monday, chilled at the beach as always haha, nothing better than ending the day with tsunset on the beach, that never gets old haha, tryin to upload pictures, Mahajanga is starting to get super hot too, cause we are heading into the summer time, so it is starting to get hot haha. Then one of the days, we was walking around and I looked to my left to look at a rooster and then heard reynolds slip and looked forward and he was just laying on the ground, and I could not help but just laugh for a good 10 minutes, it was the probably funniest thing that happened this week, I just sat down and everytime I replaying it in my head I just laughed all over again, then the next day, since I had the keys I was locking the outer gate and prochnow came outside and starting to throw things at me and kept missing, I lookd down and look back up and he threw a piece of charbon at me and it went in the sun and i couldnt see so I did a spin but the ground was uneven and I ate the ground pretty bad haha, while I was laying on the ground I heard a bebe (grandma) laughing at me from the distance, it was wonderful haha, later that night, it was kind of late and we were just walking around the streets to our next time, a drunk guy came up to me and tried to talk to me in french english malagasy or somlething, I had no idea, this guy is wasted every night too haha, but today he just came and talked to me, all the sudden he ran off and tried to get a dog to drink some of his drink, but the dog did not like that much haha, it was pretty funny :) we went tracking the week which is looking for new people to teach, and no freakin luck, we say forget and start walking away and then 4 people came up to us and was like where you pray at?! and it was cool, but noone came to church, so that was whatever haha, we got some way dope people to teach too, most of them came to church yesterday... lol so, one of the days, can not remmeber when it was but we went home a lil early cause reynolds was not feeling so hot, he threw up and we just chilled in our house for a little bit and played some chess, and I had a question for president, so I gave him a call and he said Elder Shaw!! How are you, Im good president, and you? Im good elder shaw, what are you up to? Just playing some chess president, he kind of laughed and said that is not really missionary work elder, and it just clicked what I said, so I explained myself haha yea, it was pretty bad haha, i got to peel off mino heads for someones dinner, that was pretty nasty to be honest, at one of the dope investigators house, there is like 14 kids there, and they had this HUGE seashell so I told them they could hear the ocean in the seashell so they thought that was the coolest thing! haha this week was interesting too, Prochnow and I stayed up til 12 talking 2 nights in a row, then saturday to sunday night, we all stayed awake til 4 playing a game called settlers, it was awesome, church was really tiring, and I slept once I got home from church at 2 pm, to 6 am this morning :) I also learned how to make coconut rice, it is the BEST rice in the country in my opinion, it is SO bomb!! so I know how to make it so that is my plan once I get more allotment for the month :) We also finished our chess set of bottle caps haha, we had to get some beer caps from the ground as ghetto as that is but we did it :) it is legit lol, that is about my week!! I made sure I wrote everything down!! we have a baptism coming up this week so getting in the ocean :) to finish this email up, I went on splits this week, and wnet out to this place with no lights and looked up and oh my goodness gracious deary me, if only I had words to descride it haha just messing, it was straight awesome!

1 comment: