My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Letter from Elder Shaw (8/6/2011)

My poop is starting to get solid!! I bought oatmeal and this really good honey and eat it every morning so I be set now :) nah, I havent gotten daynas letter yet, but still checking the office a bunch and waitingf for it!! Miss my sister much!! and the family course!! Good thing with Kenneth, I talked to him a lil bit, missing him the most haha, but like I say to everyone, I know Im here for two years, it is what it is, I work and on pdays that is my day :) I work hard lol, I almost wished you went on a mission, personally I think you would have loved it, especially hanging out with some sisters hear, I could totally picture you here lol, it is kind of funny :P but it is way cool!! you should keep doing minis with the sisters there haha, unless there are none anymore but dunno why there wouldnt be any!! but shoot mother of mine, it has been an interesting week for sure, thought Id share some stories with you!! like for one, our BEST investigator started crying but trying to hide it ya know?? like pretending to think and what not lol, but we read alma 7 with him!! but then the next day, we all pumped up and what not, we go to a members house who has been way less active, drinking and what not, and we start sharing the spiritual thought you know? all the sudden he gets up and walks out then comes back and started saying he didnt like the church, and didnt like everything, he would rather have some guy point a gun to his head then join the church!! Im like oh freak but keep smiling anyway and he was getting pissed lol, it was awesome!! but that was pretty much my week, we did street boarding again, got a few new investigators from that and what not!! it was straight, but just trucking along, day by day, hoping for the best!! lately Ive been singing a lot lol, like in the buses I start singing aint no mountain high, aint no valley low, everyone gives me the weirdest looks but they smile after awhile, I start asking if they want to join! whatever songs come to my mind I just jam wherever and whenever :) it has kept me happy for sure!! but that has been pretty much my week!! hope you enjoyed haha, sorry it isnt too much but yea!! love you mother :) an thank you for the story(Ensign May 1996, What I Want My Son to Know before He Leaves on His Mission by James E Faust)and scriptures(alma 13:21-23) , I will look them up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment