My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Q & A (8/1/2011)

Aight so!!
Questions time!! (answering questions from mom)
Q. How is the language coming?
A.The langugae is coming pretyt good!!
Q. Are you still taking your malaria pills
A. No, the malaria pills clogged me up but I better start taking them again just in case!!
Q. Do you teach any of the lessons? sell does most of the teaching, but I jump in on parts I can!!
Q. Any spiritual moments?
A. I share a lot of spiritual thoughts as well!! cause that is pretty short and easy!! just doing spiritual stuff haha
Q. Any baptisms or scheduled baptisms?
A. no baptisms yet, our area is not booming haha, but we are working hard, we have 300 less actives so we decided to focus on that,
Q. Have you met Elder Thomas yet (i meant to say elder Taylor) people said Elder thomas went back in May lol so Im not sure.
Q. Do you print off your emails? nah, I usually dont print off emails but yes, I can,
Q. Are you homesick?
A. Haha of course I am homesick, but Ive learned how to make some bomb cookies, so that helps a lil,
Q. Have you gotten any letters from friends at home?
A.actually not at all haha,umm,
Q. Are you going to visit any tourist places again?
A. not sure about the toirst place soon,
Q. How are your clothes holding up?
A. clothes are doing bomb still!!
Q. Who is the elder dancing in the video?
A. it might be elder Tahita!! he is from tahiti!! he is SUPER cool!!

So, stories this week!! We did street boarding this week, we found a super busy bus stop and had a board with pictures and just putin work on the people!! English was aight this week! I got super sick this week as well no good there!! that is where the other story comes from!! so we went out on tuesday and I had a super bad stomach ache, but I thought it was just gas, so whatever, we went out and it kept getting worse, like so bad I couldnt even move I had such bad pains, then a member came with us, so that helped me out cause I was sweating like carzy cause of the pain, then about 4 hours later the member left and I got a few steps away and all the sudden it kind of hit me, so I said oh no, stopped and just farted a lil, and thought I was good, started to cross the street and it hit me super super hard, and I looked and sell and said find a bathroom right now, and we were in a busy street so no houses nearby, he ran to the store, asked for a bathroom and I got about 10 steps after it hit me and couldnt hold it in, I looked at sell and said too late man, so we are like freak, what do we do, cause we are about 40 minutes away from hompe so that is no good, get a taxi, and while we were driving home, I thought oh well, my stomach hurts pretty bad, so just let the rest go cause I already had a big thing of poop in my pants, and yea, that was that, it was a lot more than I expected, so I just jumped in the shower with all my clothes and took a 1 hour shower to get clean!! it was sure interesting!! that is all that really happened this week!! still a little sick!! but good!! love you guys!!

*note from mom: he fails to mention that he had to walk up 4 flights of stairs to get to his apartment, so his comp ran and got a towel to wrap around him while he walked up the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment