My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

The Due Date (11/21/10)

Okay, so today we were at church and talking with the Bishop and of Course dylans name comes up, and the Bishop tells me that "the papers" have left Salt Lake. WHAT!! So he pulls out his handy dandy IPAD(wish i had one) and shows where Dylan's papers are. Now I must make a disclaimer here- People say you can track exactly where the mission papers are, well you can't really. You can only see what location they are at. So he said Dylan's mission call left Salt Lake on the 19th. Last Friday. That means they should be here tomorrow.(bishop didn't say this though-its my guess) Salt Lake is only like 2 days in the mail. totally excited. So Dylan wasn't being very nice so we were withholding this very exciting news from him. Finally we give in and tell him that his papers should be here tomorrow. Oh man did the lights in his eyes sparkle. Well we have our map up and again stared at the map wondering about all the places he could serve. We are so video taping his trip to the mailbox. Now (SPOILER ALERT) while I was watching mission calls on youtube, one of the guys said if the envelope has more postage that you are going foreign. So don't want to tell Dylan but well see.

No comments:

Post a Comment