My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

FRIENDS, FRIENDS, FRIENDS (12/27/2010)

So you know the sayings, birds that flock together stay together...you know something like that. You know the other saying that friends influence friends...no that one doesn't work either. Well Dylan just found out that one of his good friends received his mission call to Paris and is reporting to the MTC on April 6th. The same day as Dylan. We also found out that a lady who use to be in our ward, her nephew is serving in the same mission that Dylan is and reports also on April 6th. Then there was this guy from Florida that found us and he also is serving in Madagascar and also reports on the same day as Dylan. Then there is Dylan's best friend Chase who is submitting his papers and also has a chance of being in the MTC at the same time. And then there is Zach who is in our ward and is 2 months younger than Dylan (we have been in this ward for 10 years the same as Zach) and he just needs to hit the submit button and he is ready to go. He also has the same chances as Chase to be in the MTC with Dylan, especially as Dylan will be in the MTC from April 6 to June 1st. This is so amazing to see all these guys who has grown up together, gone to school together are now serving together. I saw my brother do it and is still friends some 18 years later. Friends are amazing. is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment