My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

OVERDUE (11/26/10)

Okay. This envelope is really coming today. It better come today. After the pain and agony of no mail yesterday...it really has to be here. Well, we set up the camcorder to again stalk the mailman, and then just waited. It wasn't long before Dylan and I were talking about the mailman and Kenneth was like the Mailman is here. No. what! we didn't hear the mailman. so we run to the window and sure enough he is there. We watch, holding our breath to see if he has that most desired envelope in his hands....wait for it...HE DOES!!!! You can't miss that one. (unfortunately, in the video you can) So I tell Dylan, lets go...and the action begins. check out the video if you want a first hand experience and expression on Dylans face. It was priceless. The excited and pulse pounding rush....Here it is. The call to serve a Mission as a representative of the Lord for the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Years of singing the song I hope they call me on a mission has paid off. Where does he go, when does he leave, what language is he learning....Well I can tell you one thing...I cheated...he's going foreign...the postage is $1.73. And a sidebar. as i was checking out the postage I noticed that the packet was mailed November 23, not the 19th as the computer says. So again, just cause the doc says the baby has a due date, they can also be overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment