My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Saturday Night Adult Meeting (11/13/2010)

This meeting was most awesome. I had to add that. But this post is about Dylan of course. So by now we are thinking that the Stake President had submitted Dylan's papers as Dylan did his part therefor we thought the President did his. So after Stake Conference we are walking out and we meet up with a member of our ward who is a High Councilor and he asked us about Dylan and ordaining him to an elder, and he told us to catch the Bishop and make sure everything was good. And I am like great, oh look, the bishop is right behind you. Too cool. Bishop hits me up and he says, sis thurlow, why don't you go and tell the stake president that the momma bear is wanting to know about the cubs papers. IE...the stake president hasn't turned them in. See the bishop can see on his computer where the mission papers are. i.e. they are in the boys hand, in the bishops hands, or at the stake presidents, in salt lake, or in the mail and on their way back. Well apparently they were still in the hands of the Stake President. Now i have to remember, that we can't rush things, we think we did our part, now all you have to do is to hit the submit button. Well the stake president has to recommend the boy too. and it took me awhile. In fact I am learning that lesson in my calling. We can't rush the counselors or Bishops to do things just because we want them to. All in good time.

Well, I hit up the Stake President after I talked to the Bishop, and the Stake President said he still hadn't turned them in but he promised that he would the next day. He said it would make for a great thanksgiving memory. I am like what. It won't be back that soon. The Stake President just smiled. Then as we are leaving the High councilman we talked to before was still at the door and he said, "if the stake president said he would do it tomorrow, then he will." I believed him. Now we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment