My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Paper work, paper work and more paperwork (12/28/2010)

So today was little exciting. I actually got to do some stuff for Dylan.
*I got his visa paperwork ready and copied.
*His passport and pictures ready to mail and made copies.
*I put all his mission paperwork into sheet protectors and binders. (that is a major plus for me)
*Paid Dylan's really nice speeding ticket (now he doesn't have to fear having a warrant out for him).
*Made our todo list- so he isn't cranky when I have a list of things for him to do in the near future.
*I also filled out his little calendar of when we have to do things.
*I called church Headquarters to get his Line of Authority researched. *Called the temple and made his appointment to go to the Temple on January 8th at 5:30 p.m.
*I called the MTC travel office because they had his name wrong on his visa.
*Called back the MTC travel office to see if they wanted to me mail his visa and passport now or to wait till March 23rd when I get the letter from the police department. (i have now called the MTC 4 times)
*Had Richard fix his passport pictures and uploaded them to Walgreens (he needs to take 15 passport photos with him to Mada for visas. They only give out 90 days visa, so every 3 months the mission has to reapply for him).
*I also got to email and get an email in return from his Mission President assistant.

It has been a very productive day. Now tomorrow lets see if I can get to the mailbox and actually mail all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment