My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Letter from Stake President (12/15/10)

So we have nothing planned today, so we got excited when in the mail today we received a letter to "elder shaw" from our Stake Presidency. Didn't expect it. All very exciting talking about making an appointment for his temple recommend, and when he needed to make an appointment to be set apart and an appointment for his exit interview. Then on the very bottom bottom part of this now non exciting letter is the words that have been floating around in the air as we all try to pretend that we aren't hearing them. And I quote..."there are to be NO mission farewell or open houses." I understand the farewells, they have just gotten to be so out of hand, and the stories you read.. oh mylanta. But come on no goodbye open houses. What a let down to not be able to have all your friends come and wish you good luck as you venture into a new world in the service of your Lord. And I know that, that is why they no longer have the open houses because people don't focus on the reason why you are leaving but more on the fact that you ARE leaving. But right now? Just when my son gets ready to leave. Oh the injustice of choosing to follow the rules. But like a good good friend said, "they haven't said anything about a welcome home party." On a SIDE NOTE, I am so sad that you no longer get to go inside that great learning institution called the MTC. Thanks to the N1H1 breakout as of 2009 they have changed the way you drop off your son or daughter. You drive up to the front of the MTC, a "valet" opens your sons door, dad gets the luggage, mom hugs goodbye, and you are wisked back into your car and your son or daughter are wisked upto the building, and in record speed of 5 mintues or less. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS. I feel so jiped. Maybe because I was never allowed to go with my parents when my older siblings left for a mission and as I never served a mission, I never got to go. NOW was my chance to get that imfamous photo of you and your boy infront of the WW Building. And a picture in front of the Christ picture. ohh longing for the past. I have a plan though. Since he reports on Wednesday, we are going to show up on Tuesday and get our pictures, and then when they try to shew him away I can say he's mine for one more day. I'll let you now in 105 days if that really happens though.

No comments:

Post a Comment