My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Johannesburg (6-7-2011)



I have heard that by the time the missionaries get to Johannesburg they are so tired that they don’t call home. Well I made Dylan promise me to call. Which he did. Found out that he slept 8 of the 10 hour flight. One of the other elders had barfed in his throw up bad, turned out it had a hole in it and he threw up all over his pants. He was the only elder to bring an extra pair of pants. The missionaries were told to bring 2 days of clothes on their carry on backpacks as they luggage seems to arrive 2 days later. The next exciting story is that apparently there was this huge storm that the plane had to go through so they went through it and the came wide and around the storm and then had to fly in really low to land. Turns out his plane was 40 minutes late and was struck by lightning 3 times. Dylan sat in the exact same seat as on the flight to London 44A- a window seat. I can’t remember if he said he saw it or not. He said it was scary and all he could remember what the story his seminary teacher , Bro Farley, told of off an airplane that got hit by lightning and blew a hole in the bottom of the plane. So ya Dylan said it was scary. Good thing I just saw a show on tv about planes are now made with the intention of getting struck by lightning. So it was interesting to note that flightaware doesn’t track over Africa. They had his plane taxiing for like 5 hours. That’s when we found out it doesn’t out of Europe. It did however work on the mobile app we have. Would have been cool to watch his plane circle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment