My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

So LEGIT (5/27/2011)

Hello mother.

Real quick. Teny Gasy Lesona! When you say "my mother" you say "mamako." Your mother would be "mamanao" The ending makes it possesive :)  Been way good. 10 days today! We got our flight plans omaly. Way legit. I'll email  you all the information. But decided to send it in this letter. To decide-manapa. Kevifra. But literally is means break thought or decide. I've been way good though, so stoked to get out of this place. Seven months of waiting is tonga dia whack! Tsy miandry. 10 more days though, akaiky!!! Close!

Oops! Sorry, I not be writing in pen. It has been awhile since I wrote, so reverted to my old ways. All good. It should be a big one so no worries! We had Russell M Nelson.  It was way cool. you  see another side of them, the informal side. which is way better!

Kenneth was telling me about Texas before I left. Got to have money to pay for his adventures. Going to texas will give him a taste on being gone too. which is not bad, mind you. We got two new roommates and one of them is a bit adala! He set his alarm for 3:30 am the past two mornings. So I brought it up to him this morning and asked him whay was up, and he said  "my alarm didn't go off I don't remember" then I said nah, I'm sure it went off. then he said "Oh. I remember getting up at 3:30 but it wasn't for my alarm." So tonight I am checking that alarm before I sleep tonight. Not having 3 bad nights of sleep. NO WAY!

In lunch right now. Hope you enjoy the photos I sent home. Didn't want to send my SD card. Sorry dear mother.  Well just got back from gym. My legs are killing me! I did a bunch of jump rope and stairs. By the way, guess what! I  gained 15 pounds! So, the way I see it, if I keep jump roping I loose 15-20 pounds in Mada I will be able to dunk hardcore and 8 pack all day mother! =D. I got most phone numbers! Kenneth, dad, tarek, dayna, family,grandma, Chase! Just some people! Also, I get my shot next Thursday, so that way I won't have to get a booster when I get home!

Elder X is doing good. Much better now, Make sure you are ready for when I call.

LOL no, it didn't bother me a bit that everyone else in my district had a leadership position. Except I got draged to every meeting. so that is alright. and they got released anyway! So now I be just chilling! By the way, let Chase to read this. You can put in on the blog. Raha Harianao!

Don't worry. I sent some good pictures. ya once I get to Mada, you have about a hour of emial so maybe I'll get a more complete thought in but just maybe.

What does Zach think of leaving? Is he nervous or excited?!

Tell Taytum Happy Birthday for me please. I put her stuff up on the wall and gave you the pictue.

I wised up and realized you and I can have fun. Like on grad night. you were apart of it and all my friends like you, of course all I say is good tihngs about the women I love. Ohafra=gma/mother(you). But it was fun hanging out with you.

So Chase told me where he is going. I am so stoked for him. It becomes your home. It is one of the biggest things you do. Like marriage, you will always remember it.

Aza haino amin anabako. (don't listen to sister of mine) It is just someting she wants to do. I know you don't worry about me. but stop worrying about what you say. I'm going to think of home either way mother. NO matter what. Well, it is 7:05 right now. Teacher/sub didn't show up. So, studing the language, trying to read a story in th e May 2009 Liahoana. the talk is  "My drafitry ny raintsika-ampy ho an'ny zaanany rehetra" - Midika-tera- " The Plan of father for us.- enough for all of his children" translation. Manarak.  It tells about Charles Dickens giving to Estoniza(u.s.) adn set-up a church with the amazons and that is as far as I got this morning. It was legit. Last TRC, we taught a Malagsy lady that came here about 10 months ago! She spoke SO fast! I got most of what she was saying but goodness gracious it was sarotra BE! Very difficult. But honestly, it tonga dia made me excited! So stoked after last week. Only 10 more days!

Well mother I shall close this letter, taken most of the day, I hope you enjoy. probably one of my last letters here. We have culture day part 2 on Zoma manaraka herin. Friday next week. That is wrong but the words are not. tell Dave to write my email! Same with Brinkerhoff. Look at the word for neighbor+ npifarolobofrin drina. (pee-far-oo-loo-boo-geen-geena) Lehizle!! But like I said, going well want to be gone though. I'll write you the flight plans on the back. JUST like I have it. Love you mother. Tell everyone HI!

June 6th
Leave: Salt Lake City 11:15 am
Arrive: Chicago/O'hare 3:20 p.m.

Leave: Chicago/O'hare 8:05 p.m.
Arrive: London Heathrow, England 9:45 am (june 7th)

Leave: London Heathrow, England 7:10 p.m.
Arrive: Johannesburg South Africa 6:55 a.m.  (june 8 th)

Leave: Johannesburg, South Africa  10:00 a.m.
Arrive: MADA!!! 2:10 am.

SO LEGIT!! =D

10 hours in London. goodness where most of call will be made!

I also don't know about times, I wrote what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment