My Missionary Commission


I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to

Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Leaving on A Jet Plane (6-6-2011)

Dylan left this morning on his long 55 hour trip. Actually I figured out it was really 43 hours if you don’t include the time change. So its 45 hours and add the 10 hour time difference. Makes for a long week. So Dylan called from the Salt Lake Airport, which I thought would be nice but didn’t think it would happen. But a few minutes later the phone rang from out of area. Turns out one of the elders he was traveling with, saw his grandparents who were flying in to visit with his parents- they just got back from a mission in Russia. Well the grandparents let each of the boys call home for a few minutes. It was great to hear from him. He said he got sick last week from an elder in the MTC. Turns out Elder Wilson –Dylan’s companion- was sick also. Anyways he hadn’t slept good for the last 3 days. And on Sunday night he didn’t go to bed till 1 am and then woke up at 5am. He was very excited to go. They had a cultural night party last Friday. Turns out they shared all the candy and extra food they had left. What a bunch of sweeties! Anyways he said he would call when he got to Chicago. So we are tracking his plane on Flightaware. Totally sweet. The plane moves in real time as he is moving. We get to see the weather and altitude and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment