My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

24 Hours Straight (4/1/2011)

So last night was a very long night. Dylan and Dayna went to be with their dad for Dayna's birthday and Dylan got to say goodbye to his dad who lives in Tucson. We'll we anticipated that they'd be back around 10, so we started our bonfire and cousins and friends started showing up. Well they didn't get back till 11:30 at which time some friends had to leave. But Dylan & Dayna got home just before they had to leave. They are some good friends and we are glad Dylan got to say goodbye to them. After they left there turned out to be about 10 friends and cousins who ended up staying the night. I'd like to say who slept over but there was no sleeping as everyone but the babies stayed awake all night. It was fun till about 2 am when I hear some pitter patting on my roof and next thing I see is,  boy after boy flying from the sky into my pool. Yup, they jumped off my house roof into the pool. Good thing our neighbors are understanding somewhat. At 4 am, my nephew decided to go shoot off fireworks. To that I became the bad aunt and said NO. My neighbors would not be understanding of that noise. Especially since the night before they shot of firecreackers and the neighbor had a fit. Anyways, they had pizza around 3:00. And chatted the whole night. Dylan finished packing and he actually fell asleep at 5. Everyone else except for Teagen and Aubrey fell asleep around 4, except for me, who was up all night packing(yup, like mother like son) and finishing last minute details. Like hotel reservations and genealogy letters. You know I had 4 months to prepare and I spread out what needed to be done over those for months. And I did get alot of things done, but there still seemed so much to do. Next child, I will not wait for tax returns and do all his shopping in 1 week, but rather charge it and shop over the months and then pay off the credit card when the tax returns come in. Or actually have the child save up money and pay for his own things. It was all good fun, a few stressful moments. Lesson learned.  So at around 6:30 I started to make breakfast for everyone as it was going to be a long day for some of us, I wanted to eat good. And good I did eat. pancake, eggs, bacon, toast, juice. A great breakfast to start a great day!!


Dylan's temp room before he had packed.




Lilly, Tayte and Camryon lighting up the bonfire!

A nice quiet pool.....until

Chase

Dylan....his expression lets you know how cold it really is.

Andrew

Kenneth

Xavier also made the jump

Just hanging in the living room.


Dayna had to be up at 5 a.m. for work and everyone else crashed around 5 am.
Looks like Chase was the daring one. Found the only unoccupied space in the house
that noone would dare take.


Ty on the floor because he got locked out of his bedroom.


Dylan under the blanket with Tarek on his side.

Gabe on the ottoman, Aubrey, Teagan, Xavier, Kenneth and Andrew.


Andrew, Aubrey, Chase, Gave, Lilly


Kenneth and Baby Pyper


No comments:

Post a Comment