My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

An Official Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (4/2/2011)

So today our Stake President was coming over to set Dylan apart at 8:00 a.m.  I would like to say that it was this great experience and everyone was all in sunday dressed and refreshed and welcoming to Stake President to our home. Exactly the opposite. Everyone had stayed up the night, we did have a great breakfast, which people sat down to eat right before the Stake President came over. Dylan wouldn't get his butt out of bed and looked like a total bum. It was not funny at the time, but is kind of now. The Stake President made him get on his shoes and maybe splash a little water on his face. We had like 20 people there. This was the first time the Stake President had set someone apart in the home. i don't know why he started now, we'd have been just as happy to have gone to his house or the stake office. Anyways - the Stake President was very nice. He ask me, the mother, the person who had been holding in her emotions all week to say the opening prayer. Not a good choice, President B. My prayers lately have been extremely heartfelt and long and this was no exception. It took me 5 minutes alone to regain my compose to be able to speak, good thing we get to say prayers in our head otherwise i'd never be saying prayers. Anyways after somewhat gathering my composure I began to pray and 10 minutes later I was done. Although if you took out all the pauses the prayer was probably 4 minutes. good thing Dayna wasn't there she would have giving me that dissapproving (take forever much) look. Anyways President B set Dylan apart as a full-time missionary and gave a wonderful blessing and even a warning. It was great I wish I had took notes so when Dylan is struggling I could remind him of the blessing that we imparted to him. After he was done, President B asked me outside to talk to me. Now this is a minor rant, but also to let other people know. He asked my why Richard did not want to participate in setting him apart. WHAT???!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If I hadn't just emptied all the tears from my body 15 minutes early, i would have broken down and cried. I didn't know that fathers could help set apart. Yes confirming, not setting apart. I would like to know where the communication on this broke down. Should this have been the Bishop who told us, or should the Stake President quietly asked me before hand if my husband wanted to participate. Heck ya-he would have wanted to.  I apologize for those out there reading, who are totally lost. But I wanted to inform other moms who's husbands didn't serve a mission or who are converts such as mine. Since when could dad's help set apart missionaries. Its not like fathers thelp the Bishop set apart the Relieft Society, why would they help the Stake President set apart a Full-time missionary. Anyways it was none the less great and no feelings were hurt.

Dylan is finally after 128 days later a Fulltime missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Prepared to fullfill his 720 day mission which is to invite others to come unto Chirst by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghoost, and Enduring to the End.
The whole gane right after the Stake President Left. Nice Sight eh?
Dan Brinkerhoff, Xavier, Tarek, Lilly, Kenneth, ELDER SHAW, Camryon, Andrew, Teagen, Aubrey, and Taytum on the floor and mom that is cut off on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment