My Missionary Commission

MY MISSIONARY COMMISSION

I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to dawn@thurlowonline.com



Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.


Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

The A/C, The Heater and Electricity (4/2/2011)

So after we left the Airport we headed to the Hilton Garden Inn. Farther from the Temple than I wanted but it was a great hotel. After we checked in we went to Chuck A Rama. All you can eat buffet. The food was delicious. Especially loved the rolls. Wish I had the scones. Anyways we filled our gullet, and I was in the middle of eating a delicious roll and everyone else wanted to leave so I put the roll in my pocket anticipating to finish the roll in the car. Well would you have guess it. there is a HUGE SIGN that says removing any food from premise is a crime. You have got to be kidding. My mother takes cookies all the time from the buffet and puts them in her pocket to eat for dessert. I paid for it i should be able to finish it. So for the next two days I was a theft. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and Richard proceeded to turn up the heater as it was cold in the hotel and Dylan proceeded to open the window as he was hot. So we all layed down and passed out. This was at 6p.m. we got to the hotel and we all woke up at 10 am. 16 hour sleep. Haven't sleep so much and so good in a while. That bed was great. Well apparently while I was asleep there was an AC/Heater war. Everytime Richard woke up he'd shut the window and turn up the heater. When Dylan or Chase woke up in the middle of the night they would turn the AC down to 60 and open up the window. Well around 2 am I am awoken by the Richard tell me to look outside...and it's SNOWING!!! Then 15 minutes later the power in the hotel goes out. The whole block is out. It has been so long since I have seen it snowing while the street lights are on. There is something cool about it.  Anyways we all head back to bed, again with the AC/HEATING war going on. Lucky for me I had no problem. It was the males either too hot or too cold. Boys...what are we going to do with them.
Dylan loving the window

Downtown with the electricity out.

Outside our window Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment