My Missionary Commission


I am Called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words, and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.
-Elder Bruce R McConkie
If any of you have received any letters or great stories from Dylan and would like to share it, we'd love to have it and post it here. When Dylan is done we are going to make this blog into a book for him. So any contributions are welcome. Just email them to

Feel free to make comments as they are automatically emailed to Dylan. He would love to hear from you. Even if it is a small comment.

Dylan's Photo Album- check back on Mondays when he (hopefully) uploads more each week.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (4/2/2011)

So there we no Trains involved, but it makes for cool title. So after the Stake President left the house it was time to pack up and head out. Our flight left at 12:20 and we had to be at the airport at 10:20 and had to leave the house at 9:30 as we needed to stop by Dayna's work so Dylan could say goodbye to her. Well after packing and getting stuff outside. Our neighbor was nice enough to take us to the airport, and saying goodbye to all his friends, he had his first missionary handshake with a girl, (sorry, no hugs now) we were off to the airport. It was a very emotional goodbye for Dylan's friends. As a mom, it is a good feeling to know that your son has good and caring friends.

l-r Xavier, Kenneth, Teagen, Dylan, Tarek, Chase, Andrew, Gabe
Our experience at the airport was to say the least an eye opener for Dylan. I am glad we were blessed with cheap air tickets because it was good for Dylan to see. First we get there and as always you can never find a place to stop and get dropped off. Then we go to Southwest ticket counter and there was a line that wrapped back and for 4 times. Dylan was in shocked and in disbelief of such a line. (well get use to it-this was nothing) The line although it was long took us about 20 mintues to get through. So we checked in and checked our baggage. Now the long walk to the other side of the airport to our gate. After a short walk we came to SECURITY!. Drivers License and Airplane Ticket Please. Then proceed to one of the conveyer belts and take off your shoes, belts, wallets, empty your pockets, pull out your camera, phones, camcorders, laptops, and put them in the little gray bins and then wait to be instructed to go through the metal detectors. (Man has it been a while since i flew.) Well I made it through, Richard made it through, Chase made it through, Dylan got stopped. Turned out that Dylan's water bottle that had a filtration system in it was unrecognizeable and they didn't like it. This was after like 3 tries. Finally made it through after explaining what it was. They lady said next flight he should put it in his suitcase instead of carrying it on. Whew! Made it through. Then my phone rings. It was my sister, on the other side of security. I forgot to wait for her before security. So dylan and chase left EVERYTHING, should have left the shoes too, and went on the other side of security to say good bye and then went through security again. Good experience, except right before Dylan and Chase went through the second time there was this huge wave of people and the line took forever. Got to the Gate with 10 minutes to spare before they started to board. So they have this new way of lining up to board the plane. Very cool way. Dylan and chase and me all sat the in the same row and Richard sat in the seat across the aisle. Watch the video for Dylan's reaction. It was a quick flight as all 3 of us slept the whole way there. Which was only and 1 hour 15 minutes. Got off the plane, made the long walk to the rental car place, got our car upgraded to a minivan. Was very nice one. And for the next 5 days I became Chauffer. since the doors were automatic I got to push the buttom to let the boys out and in. It became a running joke. Dylan closed the back door on richards head. I guess the automatic door doesn't recognize when someone is loading up luggage. Again, check out the 2 videos of take off and landing.

Tarek and Dylan

Dylan with Chase's Mother and sisters

Dylan and Xavier

Dylan and Andrew

Dylan and Teagen

Dylan and Cousin Aubrey

Dylan and Cousin Aubrey and Tarek

Pyper not letting Andrew leave the house

Dylan and Tarek with Taytum on the stairs

Dylan and Cousin Kenneth

Dylan and Aunt Allison at the airport

Dylan and his sister Dayna saying goodbye at her work

On the airplane getting ready to taxi

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if I opened this window.

In the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment